Task #1 - Assess Market
Analysis of the market is essential to determining its size and competitiveness. For example, if a contractor selects a shrinking schedule in a highly competitive market they have less probability of being successful.
In the previous step, you identified the appropriate NAICS code, GSA Schedule and SIN(s). In this task you will:
- List total number of contracts reporting sales;
- List total number of contracts reporting no sales;
- Determine total annual reported sales;
- Compute average reported sales per contract; and
- Identify whether the demand for products and services is growing or shrinking.
I-FSS-639 CONTRACT SALES CRITERIA (MAR 2002) FSS A/L FC-98-8
(a) A contract will not be awarded unless anticipated sales are expected to exceed $25,000 within the first 24 months following contract award, and are expected to exceed $25,000 in sales each 12-month period thereafter.
(b) The Government may cancel the contract in accordance with clause 552.238-73, Cancellation, unless reported sales are at the levels specified in paragraph (a) above.